Industrial Steam Turbines
At Glauber Equipment Corporation (GEC), we’ve supplied pumps, blowers, and other fluid handling equipment to New York customers for over 60 years. Our products find use in various industries and applications, supporting various fluid, air, and gas system needs.
We are proud to announce our entrance into the steam turbine market. As a representative of Siemens-Energy in the Upstate New York and Northwest Pennsylvania areas, we can provide a range of industrial steam turbines (IST) for use in power plants and other industrial applications.
What Are Industrial Steam Turbines?
Industrial steam engines are vital pieces of turbomachinery for many power plants, serving as drives for compressors, generators, pumps, and other power generation equipment. They can also power the devices and systems used in other industries, such as chemical processing, food processing, and pulp and paper.
Our Industrial Steam Turbine Packages
We supply Siemens industrial steam turbines that offer maximum power outputs ranging from 2 to 250 MW, depending on the model.
- SST-150: This model offers power outputs up to 20 MW.
- SST-200: This model offers power outputs up to 20 MW.
- SST-300: This model offers power outputs up to 45 MW.
- SST-400: This model offers power outputs up to 60 MW.
- SST-500: This model offers power outputs up to 100 MW.
- SST-600: This model offers power outputs up to 200 MW.
- SST-800: This model offers power outputs up to 250 MW.
- SST-700/900: This model offers power outputs up to 250 MW.
All models are designed for easy construction, fast start-up, and economical operation. Additionally, SST-700/900 offers a short delivery time and cost-efficient material supply due to its fixed pre-engineered design.
Typical Applications for Industrial Steam Turbines
Given the broad range of capabilities and capacities, Siemens industrial steam turbines can be used for many different industrial applications. For example:
- SST-150: Typical applications for this model include mechanical drives, combined-cycle power plants, cogeneration/combined heat and power systems, district heating systems, waste incineration plants, biomass power plants, waste heat recovery systems, and captive power plants.
- SST-200: Typical applications for this model include generator and mechanical drives, chemical/petrochemical processing plants, sugar mills, biomass plants, metal/mining facilities, and waste plant systems.
- SST-300: Typical applications for this model include biomass plants, chemical/petrochemical processing facilities, cement plants, combined-cycle power plants/combined heat and power plants, concentrated solar power plants, district heating systems, waste-to-energy plants, pulp and paper mills, sugar processing facilities, and steelworks/mining facilities.
- SST-400: Typical applications for this model include power generation plants, biomass/waste plants, district heating systems, combined-cycle power plants, and waste heat recovery systems.
- SST-500: Typical applications for this model include pump drives, generator drives, compressor drives, chemical processing plants, steelworks facilities, waste-to-energy plants, and waste heat recovery systems.
- SST-600: Typical applications for this model include chemical/petrochemical processing facilities, pulp and paper mills, steelworks facilities, mines, power plants, seawater desalination plants, and biomass/waste incineration plants.
- SST-800: Typical applications for this model include combined-cycle power plants, combined heat and power plants, oil and gas processing facilities, industrial power plants, district heating plants, biomass/waste plants, and concentrated solar power plants.
- SST-700/900: Typical applications for this model include combined-cycle power plants, concentrated solar/thermal power plants, and biomass-fired power plants.
Partner With Glauber Equipment for Your Industrial Steam Turbine Needs Today
Need industrial steam turbines for your facility? The fluid handling equipment experts at Glauber Equipment are here to help. Submit a request for quote for specific product or pricing details.